The counter of pharmacists seemed to be talking at snail speed and everything was tranquil behind that counter. On the other hand, the crowded waiting area was noisy and there was this uncomfortable sense of unease in the air. Rows of patients staring blankly at the numbers that don't seem to tick at all. The wait was long and weary.
Back to work. Obviously, it is a different story behind the counter.
PTs and I packed and checked and intervened in a continuous manner Rx after Rx. Time behind the counter ticked slowly as well, in the sense that I couldn't believe that everything can be packed, checked, intervened and dispensed in such a short period of time. The pharmers dispensed an avg of 3-5 Rx in a mere 15min but the demanding queue just gets longer and longer.. I secretly admired the typists who had to check so many things and entertain the pple at the same time. Eventually, there are still pple who couldn't make up their minds and had to trouble the pharmacists to re-pack the meds. So much for trying to save waiting time.
Once in a while, I hear someone complaining about the queue, someone telling grandmother stories and another someone wishing a good day to all those who are hard at work behind the counter.
amused by the different sorts of people at the hospital :)
Blogged with the Flock Browser