Friday, February 27, 2009

the anti-dummies guide to picking fruits

wad a mid sem, a journey of picking a fruit for myself and watching how pple picked theirs. How should I write this? I have no idea.

Ok we can start with citrus and non citrus fruits. Many of them had non-citrus fruits in mind but they just liked to pick an extra citrus fruit. Well, I actually admired the attitude of those who only apply for either citrus or non-citrus fruits. well done :) So citrus fruits: There were orange, lime and lemon, each with their own culture but other stuff are almost similar. Probably an easier choice for people who are going for citrus fruits coz there were only 3 of them.

Then I shall not dwell too much on citrus fruits. Proceeding to the non citrus fruits, there are the BIG and popular watermelon, durian and papaya. The big fruits seemed quite picky I heard. Papaya was one of my prepared choices but I was too lazy to go down for interview. Apparently, it was really popular. But nothing can beat watermelon. A general fav amongst everyone. And I totally BUANG-ed watermelon by telling them that I like durian. HAHA. My interview with durian went well because they knew me and to be even more reassuring, they started out by asking:"So you remember us?" I never knew that they were this nice. Mango's interview was even better, I sat through out to listen attentively and at the end of the 'lecture', I was really happy to know about their selection criteria. It felt good enough that I could reconsider it for the future. yes I mean the FUTURE. And then there were the desperate green apple, the sweet strawberry and the crazy dragonfruit.

And so that leaves me with the king of all fruits, the durian at the very end. The spikes on its skin are telling me that it is going to be tough and I will sure get blisters when I handle it, but if I try hard enough to pry it open, I will get to savour the meat inside. Not everyone is suitable for the durian, it's such a heaty fruit. And not everyone can tolerate its pungent smell and ugly appearance. To put it in the most apt way , people either enjoy it or they hate it. It would be great to challenge yourself to opening up the durian, but nothing can be more wasted if you just wanted to open up the durian and after that say you never liked durian. Having said that, I'm not really the avid durian fan and I could probably tolerate it for some time. And I probably don't want to whack my brains again since i've set my sights on durian so long ago.

My parents have probably trained me up to be soo forward-looking since young. I knew that I would be picking fruits since sec sch so I didn't even bother to take phy or econs in JC. Don't need them to pick fruits. oh and also being the striver/achiever, I probably have that goal-oriented lifestyle already. But then again, I also understood that it was just so tough to pick those fruits within a few days. When something like a job can expand to directions in life and then it sets you thinking and thinking. It was a learning journey for everyone I guess.

yups, so let's just hope that everyone found their own fruit suitable for them and most of all, the fruit that they truely want. As for the rest who are also holding on to the durian like me, hope that we will help each other through together. :)

haha feels like another psychotic speech again.