Thursday, March 13, 2008

emotional dissonance

It is the conflict between required and true emotions... it is experienced when the person's genuinely felt emotions are inconsistent with the emotions that must be displayed as part of one's role in the organization.

reading emotions readings did trigger some self-reflection.

In pursuit of prescribed expectations from others, the individual tends to 'lose himself' during the process of deep acting.

This made me pondered on how I have portrayed myself to the people around me. Unfortunately, I must have portrayed a Wing Hang that is naughty, rebellious, kotor, easy to bully and untrustworthy. And hence the more others try to induce such traits in me, the more I feel and think the same way.

Still remembering a certain day last wk, I put in all my attention to fold the authentic origami for someone in appreciation of the 90cts that she lent me. but she straightaway thought that I just wanted to be mischievous again. It was the first time someone actually reacted this way and I was surprised yet disheartened. This simply shows how emotional experiences change other's perception about an individual. Maybe I was too overboard the other day, surface acting before I could pick up that piece of paper and throw it away. I was swaying inside. :(

I guess I will have to bear my own consequences for such emotional dissonance.
Blogged with the Flock Browser