Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Brown bagging

Whee Brown bagging was a mini-eye opener!! A mini one becoz I didn't get to help to elderly pack medicine and I didn't get to remind the elderly about their medications. BUT it was my first time going to en elderly home in singapore and I must say it was not as bad as I thought. The first time I went to an elderly home was in HK and that place was old, slightly smelly and full of sick and frail elderly. There wasn't much to complain about becoz that place was subsidized by the government.

And yea back to the elderly home in Singapore, much cleaner and of coz the elderly are quite independent. Was attached to this year 1 called Janet and we had nothing much to do becoz our elderly didn't take any medications. And so I continued to probe further and ask if they have any pain, discomfort but they are all healthy. good good. And helped one of the elderly to label all the barang barang inside her closet. haha

Went to kpo mei qi's eldery who happens to stay in the same room.. indeed there were 1001 medications all unlabeled and messed up.. watched closely as mei qi asked her numerous questions while the year 2 wrote down on the paper.. next came the pharmacist who went thru the medications again with the elderly..

It feels good to know that I've grown abit since the JC days.. At least I learnt to open up more and dared to speak up. During the JC hols, I went to a day care centre for volunteer work and at that time, I thought I wasn't very friendly because I didn't dare to approach the elderly. But now, I could see a difference. yey, will continue to overcome the *** monster. And learn better communication skills.. good good. life is a learning journey. very good.