Saturday, May 09, 2009

the last post mortem

enjoyed writing the top tens of each sem over the years and this is the LAST one!! there are some things that never change over the sems, as well as things that only occur this sem.. ok let's get on to it.

1)first one have to be labs! Labs this sem was much more fun I would say. I actually like to mix around with chemicals during NP (coz my FYP is not lab-based) and watch the capsule go glob glob glob inside the disintegration machine. Not forgetting the same old labmates who braved through all those labs with me for 4 years! My labbie is usually farvz whom make the best slacker combi with me. but this sem was more of queen leaves and ms giggle dilys who were smart and fun to chit chat with.. haha

Labbies!


2) FYP - I haven't exactly commented on how I felt about the whole FYP process because I refused to do so. I usually look like a calm person but this whole FYP thing certainly didn't allow me to stay calm anymore. now that it's over, I can only say that it really made me discover myself much more and how much I NEED TO GROW. Gone were those helpless days, the endless nights and even though it wasn't my best shot (with a much easier project than others), I guess I will know what to do at the next shot. pre-reg proj, bring it on.

It was so lucky that my sup was so gang-ho this sem and decided to take up 10 kids. It gave me the chance to make friends with 9 other pretty/tall/happynewyear/dearie/bubbly/funny/smart/nice/caring (*each description meant for one of them, delete accordingly) classmates and share the joy/pain of FYP! Days at NCC were surely a highlight of FYP and Year 3 dec hols. hahaha NOt forgetting the Xmas party and Lo-hei that wouldn't be possible with all of us!! we rock! (and we ruled half of the PP projs and took 2 out of 4 prizes for poster competition! yay!)




3) okays PP3 - Dispensing sessions were really eye-openers, especially when the patient is Ng Boon Boon. hahaha I was always amazed at how he can rattle off like a person in maniac phase. He almost threw me off my train of thought while I was listening to his rattles. haha First session was asthma which I think was my most prepared session. As the weeks went by, I think I got alittle complacent. 3rd session was useful geriatrics but all 4 of us didn't manage to catch the hint from the case. MUST ALWAYS ADVICE ELDERLY TO EAT WHEN TAKING hypoG-inducing OHGA. or eat after taking those meds.. orh. 4th session was w mr yap and I prob smoked through the whole session. hahaha He was starting to be nice after all.

Then there was the musical chairs session. Fun but half the time I couldn't figure out the counseling point to give. I remember copying what was written on the ketotop patch and blindly following the indications of those supplements. and then moving to the WRONG STATION. hahaha non-stop action.


4) Bowling boo. I think I only bowled less than 5 times this sem.. so GG. shall go and bowl before i leave Sg. Anyways I felt like I have finally graduated from bowling. haha but I do miss it especially when I'm stressed. needs bowling as exercise. and needs bowling for resume and interviews.. hahaa


5) and so it was recruitment week. Quite a dilemma for everyone I guess most of us got to where we wanted to go. and got to know who are my future colleagues. Fortunately, most of them are ones whom I talk to plus 3 other dearie acacians.. haha not thinking about it now.. let's move on the most exciting topic


6) Pre-grad trip planning! In feb, we bought the air tix just to get everything started and then we can start planning. WOO it's by far the most anticipated trip of my life. to immerse myself more into italy, I started following italian news and realised that the italian minster silvio is a totally cannot make it prime minister. hahaha and I continued to watch travel shows on chl 16 even though it was exam period. I hope all turns out well. but to my horror, I think i'm losing some motivation after exams.. haha ok who wants to come to my house for sound of music screening??


7) Music of the sem! 2months away from the start of the sem, mayi and I were complaining over the lack of new cantopop for our music of the sem. Just about few weeks after complaining, MR E and Kay started to release their albums one after another!! WOo!!! We made it a point to get their albums after Mr E's album release. ahha now both of their albums are selling so well that the 2nd version is out!! haha oh well, we're still their most supporting fans who bought the first version. Afterwhich, we totally drowned in songs like YELL, SHALOM and our self-made english names of other songs: gann, song tt sound like eric tsang, neen dou, hei, yu sum, allegro. and made new lyrics.

於心有蚁~!
發覺這世界永遠太少 winghang ~~ hahaha yucks.

(insert untaken pic of albums)

8)hostelites supper! haha fun time with gossipy classmates.





After that,we went wondering around in school in the middle of the night. went to switch on the basketball machine at arts to play but it was too loud for those who were studying there... hahaha

9) Class photos - think this sem is the sem with most of the class photos taken. haha but I think I will need more older photos for the grad video (oh yea, I'm doing the grad video, help.)



taken on last last day of sch! adios!


10) Highlight of the sem - Pharm RUN!! One of the most successful class events, proudly organised by Joy and gang! haha I became the running photographer but I think I stood at the arts side for most of the time.. Could have snapped shots of my fav lecturer but unfortunately I turned on video mode while she was walking past.. tons of photos were taken throughout the run by many others too and it was indeed the best way to end the sem. another way to end the sem? I think it will certainly be the same thing but I will be a runner instead. haha



another chance for me to shoout: I need a DSLR!!! rarh!!

ok top 10s for u :) shall do a mini autograph for the class if i'm free enough.