there was no dinner at home so I dropped by Geylang Serai for ta pao dinner.
I filtered through the crowds and landed myself at the food section of the pasar malam. The aroma of ramli burgers!
While I laid my hands on some keropok, the sight of kebab meat was irresistable. Should I kebab or ramli? Without much thought, I let my tummy to decide and went for BOTH. haha
Had chicken kebab instead of mutton coz the mutton was not ready..
Within minutes, the crowd of hungry souls seeps in. It is finally the time to break fast!
Quickly ordered my ramli burger before the others ordered their share for the family. "Empat, lima, tiga, ramli burgers!" said the hardworking guy who made the burgers. I wondered if he has break his fast yet..
Time slowly ticked away and everyone was watching the burgers in the making. Everyone was waiting patiently despite fasting for the whole day. Amidst the hustle and bustle of the bazaar, soothing chants of muslim prayers came from far across the street.
The sound and sights of malay culture. :)
My long awaited ramli burger, feels good to be eating this after such a long wait.
Keropok and kebab wrap.. Still warm after I reach home :)
Unfortunately, I ate it the TV-dinner style instead of melayu style.
Ending the dinner with one of the most popular drink on earth :) errr no. not bandung.
Being able to eat is really a blessing.